Subscribe to our newsletter for monthly tax tips:

Back Taxes Owed

You have filed your returns but didn't have the money to pay what was owed. You may think, "Oh well---I will catch up next year." Before you know it you find yourself several years in arrears and suddenly there is a notice from the IRS, stating that you owe three or four times the original amount. It's truly amazing how fast tax penalties and interest add up.

We will review several options when it comes to resolving unpaid taxes, such as a monthly payment plan, offer-in-compromise or bankruptcy. If we think bankruptcy is a viable option for you, we will refer you to a qualified bankruptcy attorney to take you through the process.

We can also look at your financial position to see if you qualify for "currently uncollectible status." If you do qualify, the IRS will not require any current payments, and will not contact you until your finances improve.